A business is STUPID if they don't humble themselves to listen and make an effort to improve. Just because people sell deer hunts does not mean they know any more than a 25-year-old who has spent 10 years in the woods.
Complaints I Have Heard:
- We didn't know guides were not included. Response: "We do not walk people to stands or cook food. Hopefully that can be seen in the pricing differences and can be found many times on this website.
- The cabin did not have things to cook with. Response: They were probably right. I try to make sure there is enough gas for the cookstove and grill. There is always plastic wear, paper plates, paper towels, some basic dishes with a few pots and pans, but I easily over look silverware or specialized tongs and stuff like that.
- Food plots were more like dirt. Response: This complaint has came from a hunter wanting to beat all the October/November hunters in early September. How do you softly explain that at some point, foot plots have to be planted every year? Hunting the Kentucky Bow hunting season opener in September might have not have perfect food plots. At some point, you have to plant your kill plots. This happens in August and September. When you farm, you also rely upon rain. Spring and Fall are when thing are planted. In early September, the entire property has millions of pieces of food called "browse." Food plots work best later in the season - everyone knows this. Auto-corn feeders are wise to locate and hunt near as well.
- Food plots had a lot of rocks in them. Response: Look at my food plot pictures. That is all the proof I can offer. I am thinking this guy that wrote a Google Review saw 1,000's of half-eaten turnips that he thought were rocks.
- Too many does. Response: Pros certainly understand the concept of lower doe to buck ratios. You want a buck to run across a Walmart parking lot chasing a doe like young guys do at the bar near 1:30 AM. We shoot does in the late season to control numbers, but it is nice to see deer. Females in your food plots is a good thing while hunting - they keep you alert.
- Why do you text more than talk on the phone? Answer: When I speak, I am willing to put it in writing. I also teach online, so I am used to it. It is important to talk on the phone at least once, but I will sign-and-seal in writing anything I say. It's good to get some facts out of the way and basic questions to see if you even want to talk on the phone.
My Turn to Complain about Hunters! LOL (This will be fun)
- They sometimes leave trash in blinds
- They sometimes leave scent wicks on the property
- I'd say my hunters are super professional and respectful, overall, they tend to leave the cabin better than they found it.
Kentucky Deer Hunting Complaints